Our new home has a kitchen in a corner without a vent-out channel.

As far as I understand, standard kitchen hoods can't condensate and collect water from the air they process.

What can be an alternative to dry the air during cooking?

  • Can always crack an outside door or window a few inches Feb 24 '19 at 16:38
  • In this case depending on the weather I have no certainty how much moisture has the chance to suck into the ceiling.
    – J. Doe
    Feb 24 '19 at 17:09
  • What is the age of the home? If built in the last 30 years the exhaust vent would be required to vent outside the structure. If you have a range hood it should vent to the exterior of the building, more information on why you think a "vent channel" is not there or how the corner kitchen is the problem.
    – Ed Beal
    Feb 25 '19 at 5:51

How about using a small kitchen dehumidifier?

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.