My front steps are crumbling on the top. I wondered what I could do to fix this? Thanks in advance all!

enter image description here


There are many products designed for this type of repair. Most are cement with latex or other additives to improve bond and crack resistance. You'll just need to purchase one and follow the instructions. Look for one that indicates ease of use on vertical surfaces.

You'll probably want a steel trowel of at least 10" in length to achieve a smooth finish.

  • 1
    I usually drill a few holes and insert galvanized screws in them so they are below the surface this improves holding strngth of the patch when the void is deep.+
    – Ed Beal
    Feb 19 '19 at 22:08
  • Thank you both! Are galvanized screws the best, or could I use concrete screws?
    – Katie
    Feb 20 '19 at 15:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.