I was gifted a vintage cone shaped orange gas fireplace and I am trying to see how I can use it that would be to code. My contractor drew a pipe to it for propane gas but the gas technicians said they would not hook it up as the fireburner had to change and it needs an ignitor. I have tried to find the fireburner to replace the existing but most places would not sell me a part that is not for their fireplace. And of course Sears does not have the parts from 1960's! I wonder if I can instead make it a wood burning fireplace and use a new double liner flue with dampers. Would this be acceptable as an approach? My house is located in upstate NY in the Catskills. Thank you

  • would you be able to get fire insurance if you do what you are asking? – jsotola Jan 31 '19 at 0:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.