I have a 1/2" copper pipe which has a 1/2" nom compression x 1/2" OD compression stop on it. I'd like to be able to put a 1/2" barb fitting to connect this to a hose.

I can't find anything which would screw onto the male threads on the valve body to get me the barb?

What are my options?

2 Answers 2


There are no options short of removing the compression stop valve and replacing it, or putting in a short piece of 1/2" OD tubing connected to a new valve with a barbed outlet. threads for compression fittings are not designed to hold any pressure themselves or to mate up to anything other than the compression nut designed for them.

  • Thank you for confirming my suspicion. I think I will try and find a sharkbite to male thread adapter and go from there. I don't want to sweat something on there.
    – jr.
    Commented Jan 31, 2019 at 16:12

there are fitting that go from a 1/2 compression fitting to a barb fitting with for a 1/2 id rubber hose - PN 13033 made by Derale

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.