I would like to know ,do I use a 6" insulated duct to a 6" register?

  • There are also circular registers for walls depending on how the ductwork is configured. – Jassem Abdal Jan 28 '19 at 17:00
  • Are you tapping into a 6' line and trying to add another register? – Ed Beal Jan 28 '19 at 19:39

A 6" duct should feed a 4x10 or 3x10 standard adjustable floor register. The round duct has a cross section area of about 30 sq. in. In a well designed duct layout there would not be excessive pressure at any register, so closing the adjustment vanes any amount should not be a problem.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.