If I have 2 buildings located on one property do I need a certificate of occupancy for each building or does 1 certificate cover all buildings?

  • 1
    Seems like you'd want to tell us where your buildings are. – isherwood Jan 24 '19 at 15:47

Check with your local courthouse permit office. In our area you must have a certificate of occupancy for each separate building. The building must pass all inspection requirements and any fines/taxes on the property have to be paid.

| improve this answer | |

Depends on the 1) building zone, 2) jurisdiction (city or county), 3) occupancy...office, apartments, retail, etc. (You can’t get one for “single family residential.) (See ICC R110.1)

Check with your local Building Department. They check for fire safety, setback requirements, adequate parking, etc.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.