can anyone tell me what this product is?

there is a grey chewy filler with paper inside used to fill bigger gaps on my staircase. the smaller gaps are filled with caulk.

stairs tread under carpet

  • 1
    Upvote for chewy! I might sometimes sniff some unknown stuff but so far no chewing. I admire your deep analysis. – Willk Jan 22 '19 at 0:26
  • It looks to me like grey silicone sealant. I've never tried chewing it but I guess silicone sealant would be quite chewy.. – GKFX Jan 22 '19 at 0:53
  • If it is silicone, comes in a tube like this: amazon.co.uk/Everbuild-450CL-Builders-Silicone-Sealant450/dp/… – GKFX Jan 22 '19 at 0:54
  • When this silicon cures, it becomes paper inside and that gray rubber thing on the outside? The paper is quite intriguing as I see it in crevices and I doubt anyone took the pain to push in there. – Quoc Vu Jan 22 '19 at 5:37
  • 1
    There are many commercial sealants/caulkings that could have been used and the paper may just be filler. – d.george Jan 22 '19 at 11:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.