This question already has an answer here:

I have a bathtub with a plastic (I think) surface layer which has a small crack in it. The crack is at the bottom, on the inside. Some sort of rusty liquid has now started to ooze out from the crack, which feels less than hygienic.

Before I replace the whole bathtub, I'd like to try to repair the crack. What approach would be the best here? What sealant would be recommended? It obviously needs to be both water-resistant and non-toxic.

I'm thankful for any advice!

crack in plastic surface layer of bathtub

marked as duplicate by Daniel Griscom, Community Jan 19 at 21:09

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 2
    Strong Opinion: I'd replace the tub. This question has been asked and answered before and numerous people have gone down the path you desire, its generally a waste of time to do so. diy.stackexchange.com/questions/476/… – noybman Jan 19 at 15:50
  • I live near surfers. I got one to repair my fiberglass tub. – Lee Sam Jan 19 at 18:52
  • You could call some plumbers to see if they know of tub repairmen. – Lee Sam Jan 19 at 18:55

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.