I'm not sure this is the right place to be asking this but I'll give it a try. I have this bit of hardware from a pair of helping hands that I'd like to find more of. I'd describe it as a rod fastener of some sort. Not having any luck with those search terms however. Perhaps someone here has the proper name. Thanks in advance.

helping hands and rod fastener


I'd call it a cross-bored stud with retaining thumbscrew, but there's nothing official about that.

As has been stated, it's probably a proprietary part and you likely won't find a drop-in replacement. You could fabricate one from a standard stud if you have machine tools available.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.