I just installed a new led switch in a box with two other switches. When I ran power to it and tested the non led switch in the box I received a big spark. I went and turned off power again, removed face plate, and realized the ground from the new switch was wrapped around screw on the switch next to it (the screw for live wire). I fixed the problem and ground wire has a burn mark on it from spark. Just wanted to know if it is safe or should I have an electrician come out to check for and damage or hazards? Thanks.
Are there "backstab" connections between here and the service panel? This is just the sort of surge overload tends to damage them and provoke them into later failure.
I would eliminate those and move them either to side screws, or if equipped, screw-to-clamp.