The flat I'm about to move into has no kitchen, and I'd like to fit a trap/standpipe like this to the wall so that I can use the dishwasher while waiting for our kitchen to be installed.

As far as I understand, the waste pipe is in the middle in this picture, but how do I connect the standpipe to it?

wall fittings

There seems to be a rubber seal running around the inside, roughly 5 mm in size. I can't make out any thread or other interface inside or out.


  • Please show a photo of the pipe, not drywall texture. What are we looking at? – isherwood Dec 31 '18 at 20:07
  • @isherwood I've added a more detailed photo. Looks like there's a rubber seal of some sort. – Will Vousden Jan 26 '19 at 3:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.