I have a leaky bathroom faucet. There are no screws on the sides of the handle or escutcheon. I cannot figure out how to pry off the top without causing some damage. Maybe someone can look at the picture I've attached and make a suggestion on how best I can fix this thing?enter image description here

2 Answers 2


Usually with that type you pry off the cap on the top and find a screw underneath which holds the handle to the stem of the valve. Probably you pry off the entire cap but it could be only the white center.


yep the screw is under the cap. If you look closely around the edge of the cap, there should be a slot for a small flat head screwdriver to fit into to pry it off.

  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. The OP already guessed that the screw was under that cap; any suggestions for how to remove it without causing damage? (Please edit your new information into your answer.) Commented Dec 31, 2018 at 15:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.