I have a junction box like the one shown in the picture below. Do I just run the cable straight in or do I have to use some conduit/coating? I am thinking that maybe if I run the cable straight in the cable insulation might be damaged from the pressure of the hole. enter image description here

  • 2
    What type of cabling are you talking about? What is this wire used for? – David Dec 26 '18 at 14:54
  • 1
    There are clamps designed to hold the cable in the hole. But what type will depend on the type of box and the type of cable. – manassehkatz-Moving 2 Codidact Dec 26 '18 at 16:32
  • What country is this installation in? – Jim Stewart Dec 26 '18 at 19:43

Clamps are required to protect the cable from damage, I like raco brand insiders because they are quick and inexpensive, there are also 2 screw cable clamps that are commonly used to protect cables like T&B nc301 , these are easily found at plumbing and electric shops or big box stores.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.