We have a system of shelves that we brought with us when we moved to a new apartment now. However, some of the bolts broke and now we're having a hard time buying new ones. These are not from Ikea.

Please see the image below.

The length is about 1 cm and is used to support some other metal holder below the shelf. I can provide more exact measurements or pictures if need be, but somehow I'm not able to find anything that looks like it in stores or online.



I do apologize about the low quality of the first image, it's all I had at the time. Now that I'm home, here are some more pictures of: 1) the initial bolt I was asking about 2) The thing it is supposed to support, installed already on the shelf. 3) Another type of screw of this system whose head I do not recognize.

Pictures of 1) enter image description here enter image description here

Pictures of 2) enter image description here Pictures of 3) enter image description here

  • 6
    Come on. You can do better than that photo. I believe in you.
    – isherwood
    Commented Dec 18, 2018 at 20:23
  • Take it outdoors or into bright light to shoot the pic. Light is an essential ingredient in photos, cameras can't see nearly as well as we can. Commented Dec 18, 2018 at 20:48
  • 1
    Also provide a pic that gives us an idea of what the job of this fastener is to be, so we can offer alternatives.
    – mike65535
    Commented Dec 18, 2018 at 21:24
  • 1
    Try looking for Deco screws. They look similar to yours. When you repost your photo lay it next to a ruler so the community will have a sense of scale.
    – mikes
    Commented Dec 18, 2018 at 21:25

1 Answer 1


That is the pin or dowel that go to a cam lock for furniture.

Here is website i found that has some. If you do not it find there you can check in the furniture parts drawers at you local hardware store or search for furniture parts online.

You will need to measure its length, i would think most are going to be classified in the metric system, mm or cm.

Keywords: cam lock dowel or pin, Quickfit Style Dowel Pin Cam Lock Fasteners Furniture Connectors


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.