Anyone know what this small hinged opening on the kitchen window screen would be for?enter image description hereenter image description here

  • Maybe a bird feeder or window box for flowers ?
    – mikes
    Dec 16, 2018 at 18:51

1 Answer 1


It’s called a “wicket”. It’s used when the window screen is on the inside and the window has an operator (crank, etc.) that opens the window “out”.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.