See photos. I'm having trouble finding this on the internet. Looks like it's some kind of compression connector for EMT conduit, with dimples. The conduit is 3/4"

What is this style of connector called?
Is there an easy/right way to remove it?

conduit-connector1 conduit-connector2

1 Answer 1


Those are indenter type EMT fittings, they were popular in the 1960s. There was a special crimp tool that crimped that dimple into the fitting and pipe. They aren't commonly used but are still in the catalogs.

They are difficult to impossible to take off unless you can drill out all four dimples.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.