I have a seasonal camp that is winterized each year. The kitchen faucet spray nozzle must have suffered from some ice damage and leaks constantly.

The feed line to it comes from the mixed section of the faucet and there is no way to disconnect it.

I would like to avoid buying a whole new faucet set and I do not use the spray nozzle.

Can I just cut it and cap it or is there another way to correct this problem? (the water leaks all the time and if I don't keep the sprayer in the basin it leaks into the cabinet)

I don't want to replace the hose/sprayer - since I also want to use the hole in the sink back for something else. I don't use the sprayer.

I suppose the answers depend on the model of faucet - in this case it is a MOEN - and it does not look like the host it detatchable.

3 Answers 3


Since you did not provide the model of the faucet, here is a YouTube Video that shows how to cap a typical sprayer. In this situation, you'll likely need a 1/4" brass cap, some PTFE tape, and an adjustable wrench.

  • Thanks for the suggestion(s) - I think that is what I am looking for. Unfortunately I don't have the model number. It is a seasonal camp in VT and I live down in NY. Did not get the model number when I was up last. I also did not see a connector for the hose - that is my problem. Perhaps I missed it. I might have to cut the host and plug it.
    – Tim
    Commented Jun 28, 2012 at 19:14
  • 1
    Tim, have you tired getting the model number by using Moen's website? You answer a series of questions and they try to determine the model that you have. You might be able to get a shop drawing or a parts list. Here's the site: moen.com/replacement-parts
    – pdd
    Commented Jun 28, 2012 at 19:44

Most Moen products have a lifetime limited warranty. That's why I agree with their slogan (at least the second part): buy it for looks, buy it for life.


It sounds like there is no easy metal connector to unscrew the sprayer hose. If it's just the rubber/plastic hose that disappears to somewhere that's inaccessible , you could cut the hose & stick a barbed hose plug in it:

hose plug

& hold it on with a hose clamp:

hose clamp

Even just folding the hose & clamping/tying it that way might be enough to stop the water flow, like when a garden hose gets kinked

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.