I'm replacing the pipe under the sink after it cracked.

I thought I had figured everything out, but the connector I got doesn't fit due to this non-threaded copper bit above the threads, is it something I can remove with pliers, or should I try to unscrew further down and replace it from there?

New pipe is 3/8" COMP to 1/2" FIP

under-sink pipe

connector of new pipe 3/8th COMP

1 Answer 1


That's a flared fitting (see: flared fitting copper). They are meant to accept the end of a piece of copper pipe, flared using a special tool. Looking at the picture, it does seem that you might be able to replace that part under the sink with a brass fitting (see: brass male-male pipe nipple ) that will properly accept your hose, but it might be difficult, given the corrosion.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.