I have been doing some reading and feel just about ready to add some more outlets to my garage. I would like to add 2-3 more outlets, 1 on one side at the top (maybe under the roof overhang) for Christmas lights, and two on the front of the garage for more lights and using tools. I planned on adding a new 20amp GFCI breaker with 12 gauge wire. By the way, I am located in Alameda County, California.
I will list all the code rules I am aware of here, but can you guys help me identify any more I might potentially need to comply with?
- use circuit breaker of same brand as panel
- must use gfci protection on all outdoor outlets (this should be covered by my breaker)
- outdoor outlets must be at ground level to 6.5' high (does that mean I can't put the outlet under the roof overhang)?
- I must use at least 12 gauge wire for my 20 amp circuit
- wire must be stapled to wall studs near where the box is put in.
Thank you all for the help!