I have a Barbecook BBQ where the bottom part became partially detached. The metal cylinder is supposed to be inside the bottom plate, but one side came out.
There is no glue or welding involved. The cylinder is fixed by the pressure of the ridge on the bottom plate. It still feels strongly connected, and (gently) tapping it with a hammer did not push the cylinder back in. I'm afraid of hitting it too hard as it could bend the cylinder. I also tried heating the bottom plate with a hair dryer (in the hope the metal would expand a bit) but to no effect. Any suggestions on what I could to fix this? I don't know what this construction technique is called, so I find it hard to find info about it.
Update: thank you for all the replies!
I already have this bbq for some years, so the 2 year warranty is over.
This weekend I tried to combine all the answers; I cleaned the cylinder and the cap, found that my freezer is not big enough, heated both parts in the oven up to 250°C (great suggestion!), cooled the cylinder in cold water and tried to push them together. I got some movement, but I felt I lacked force.
Today I tried clamping the cylinder and the cap, increasing pressure step by step while using a flathead screwdriver as a leverage to bend the cylinder in the cap and hammering from time to time to get the cylinder to bend inwards. And to my great joy, it worked!
For future reference: