I am trying to fix tap that has a leaky hose that leaks where 3/8 nut is. It leaks only when I move the nut. Presumably because I over-tightened it last time.

I went to Lowe's and Home Depot and they did not have a replacement hose because of the unconventional 1/8 brass pipe fitting end that goes into tap.

enter image description here

enter image description here

The questions I have:

  1. Is it possible to repair such hoses by replacing just the rubber seal on the 3/8 compression fitting end? If yes, what part do I need to fix it?
  2. Any other tricks to try so that I could avoid to replace the tap?
  3. Home depot plumber told me it is 1/8 brass pipe fitting, but is it really true? On amazon I found visually similar hose where other end was called M10 connector. So which one of these two is it?

Update#1: Here is close up. It leaks just behind the nut where arrow points. Leak gets worse if I wiggle the hose.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • if it leaks from that crack that's not the where the seal is, the seal is between the fixed part of the hose and whatever it connects to, the nut is just to maintain pressure. can you show a photo looking into the leaky end on an angle?
    – Jasen
    Nov 24, 2018 at 10:32
  • @Jasen I uploaded picture. Let me know if it is good. Nov 25, 2018 at 6:29
  • I want to see the opposite view, what your granite bench would see.
    – Jasen
    Nov 25, 2018 at 6:31
  • @Jasen. Done. There is damaged black rubber seal. There were small parts that were separated. Nov 25, 2018 at 6:51
  • yeah, you need to replace that seal, and make sure the surface it presses against is clean level and smooth. it should be possible to extract the seal with a pointed tool, (pin or nail etc) and find a replacement at the hardware store.
    – Jasen
    Nov 25, 2018 at 6:56

1 Answer 1


I was able to reuse hose by just replacing the o-ring.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.