Our Victorian house was recently professionally painted - the job finished a few days ago. Last night it started raining, and this morning there are many places where the paint is now bubbling and blistering.
What could have caused this?
- Power washing did occur - but plenty of time went by (multiple days), in a warm and dry climate, for that to dry before painting started.
- Some surfaces that are now bubbling were primed, others weren't.
- There hasn't been rain in a long time, so the wood of the house was thoroughly dry.
- The painters seemed to have been fairly careful about cleaning surfaces after preparing (scraping, filling, sanding) and before priming and painting.
- Conditions were pretty ideal during painting - dry, mild temps (60s to 70s), little to no wind.