This is a 2006 Kohler bath faucet and I want to replace it. There's a post here with one similar but not the same-the other one has a way to take off from the top, mine does not, see pics. Maybe just use pliers and twist the nut even though the plastic is there? Kohler bath faucet 2006


Obviously, you first remove the stopper linkage, then unscrew the toggle nut. The fact that the large washer has two tabs that project down through the toggle nut makes me wonder, but I would go ahead and twist the toggle CCW and see what happens.

  • 1
    I agree that drain / stopper linkage once removed will allow the handle to be removed and easy access to unscrew the nut ccw as Jim suggested, I have seen that type of assembly on stoppers that have a lever a bit fancier than straight pull but harder to adjust as the throw is limited.+ – Ed Beal Nov 6 '18 at 19:35
  • 1
    OK So Kohler emailed me regarding this long discontinued faucet. When I did take out the stopper there's a tiny hole on the top where I pulled out the stopper actuator, for a phillips screw driver and yes, it loosened the whole faucet. Thanks. – Ralph Allovuh Nov 7 '18 at 21:20

Thanks for everyone's input.

Kohler was little help, but I used a Philips screwdriver and it does in-fact twist it off.

You don't need to insert the screwdriver too much into the opening--maybe 1/4 inch. Just turn counter clockwise and it will push the toggle bolt off from underneath.

enter image description here

USe Screwdriver to twist off toggle bolt

enter image description here

  • 1
    please mark your answer as accepted (even though you answered your own question). This helps others and the site – Ack Nov 2 '20 at 17:09
  • Why is the toggle on upside down in this photo? - Are you saying that a Philips screwdriver turns the threaded rod. Since you posted this as an answer and for others that may need the info, a more detailed description would be helpful. – Alaska Man Nov 2 '20 at 19:04

Another picture. You don't need to insert the screwdriver too much into the opening--maybe 1/4 inch. Insert Screwdriver

  • The additional information is appreciated but due to the way the site works, this answer will get down voted and removed. Because you need to add this to your original answer. However, you're a bit stuck because you may not yet have enough reputation to do so. – Ack Nov 2 '20 at 17:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.