I came across a hand tool in a This Old House/Nick Offerman video that is some sort of flexible pam disc sander.

How it's used: I think the user can simply velcro on a hook-and-loop sanding pad (which seems quite convenient).

enter image description here


As mentioned, I am aware that flexible pam disc sander is one way of describing this tool. However, I'm not getting many hits when searching that name online.

Are there any other names for this tool?

  • The reason I ask: I'm hoping to order some to Canada, but I need to find a Canadian source first. I can't figure out what the common name for the tool is.
    – User1974
    Nov 6, 2018 at 3:33

1 Answer 1


I think "round hand sanding pad" or "round sanding block" get you there.

Google 1 | Google 2

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.