Do you know the kind of filter net in your dryer filters?

The filter material is dense enough to block any lint from passing through, but airy enough to not block any of the air pressure.

I'd like to buy a raw sheet of this kind of filter to build something. I have no idea how to even search for that. Does anyone have any idea?

  • AFIK the screen part of a dryer filter is not readily available in sheets. This screen does not screen out all the lint, far from it. A lot of lint ends up in the dryer vent and this must be cleaned out periodically. Nov 5, 2018 at 10:24
  • "Screen door screen" or "wire mesh" might be good search terms. I'm not sure exactly your desired outcome, but screen door material may work for you.
    – FreeMan
    Nov 5, 2018 at 19:40

1 Answer 1


My dryer its just a metal screen. Wire mesh also would be a name to ask for.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.