As per the picture, I have a room with a bricked up wall.

All the walls are concrete. The doorway has been bricked and covered with what I believe to be cement.

So far I have sanded the doorway with an electric sander, but still the texture differs quite a bit from the surrounding wall. Not sure any amount of primer and top coats will hide the seam completely.

When I lived in Denmark I remember this amazing product making rough or different textured walls perfectly smooth; A thin and very fine sheet made from fiberglass. I comes pre-primed in rolls and is attached to the wall with wallpaper paste and you apply paint directly to it. Perfect result every time. However I have no idea what the English name would be. Here's the link to a Danish product:


I live in Australia now. Any idea what the equivalent name for this product would be in Australia?

Also any tips on rendering this wall?

enter image description here



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.