So I am trying to identify all of my breaks in the panel. There is this one that I have no idea what it serves. I am hoping that someone could shed some light on what this might be referring to?

I cannot figure out what this label is saying, can someone who's more verse tell me what it might be?

  • REFRIGERATOR by someone who can't spell? Commented Nov 3, 2018 at 1:56

2 Answers 2


This is probably the circuit for the fridge outlet

The label says "REFERDIGE"(sic) -- whoever wrote it left their spelling at home that day, but their heart was in the correct place. The use of a dedicated branch circuit for the fridge outlet (vs. plugging it into a receptacle on a kitchen small appliance branch circuit) falls under the (recently expanded) NEC 210.52(B)(1) Exception 2:

Exception No. 2: In addition to the required receptacles specified by 210.52, a receptacle outlet to serve a specific appliance shall be permit‐ ted to be supplied from an individual branch circuit rated 15 amperes or greater.


So after talking to others - it might be saying refer dine. So my first thought is that it is referring to the dining room. I tried the dining room light switch after turning off the breaker and it still worked. Then I tried the outlets and they did not work... mystery solved. Thanks guys for offering your suggestion!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.