I recently bought a house and have no idea anything about fireplaces. I would love to use my fireplace but I want to make sure I know what I am doing. I understand this is wood type fireplace and the material is metal. This might be a silly question but once I fire this guy wouldn't it gas pipe explode or something?
Is that just a gas starter? then I turn it off or keep it on? I don't know how to be safe with that gas pipe and fire going on. With those leftover ashes wouldn't it block the gas starter holes? Thank you