Can anyone tell me what this might be used for? I found it in a box with some other electrical things, but I don't recall when I got it. It might have come with another tool like a soldering iron.

It's definitely injection molded, and appears to be glass filled nylon as far as I can tell. There are no markings on it.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


It is a soldering aid tool.

Used for holding components down while soldering.

The slot is for manipulating wires.

  • That part looks like the deleted post from A.I.Bevelri. we usually call them swizzle sticks. Since it looks to be all plastic could it handle the heat from a soldering iron? I believe peek plastic can handle high heat but my soldering tools have metal tips. – Ed Beal Oct 28 '18 at 10:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.