Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Setting: Victorian house, kitchen.
Light switch. 1 red wire going into common. 1 red wire going into L1
Original set up in the ceiling rose. 1 black wire, neutral. 2 red wires in the loop on the ceiling rose. 1 red wire, live.
I recently changed my light fitting. I took all the wires out of the rose and connected them directly to a Habitat Fisherman light fitting.
It should have been simple.
Connect neutral to neutral. Earth to earth and live to live. Isolate the 2 remaining red wires into connectors.
I did that and the new light won't switch off. It's permanently on.
I tried changing the red wires in turn to figure out if i had connected the wrong red to red but there only seems to be one red wire that is live. (I haven't done a pro test using measuring tools)
I took a picture of the rose just after I connected the first red wire to a connector. Originally this wire was in a loop position.