So I went to look at my father in law’s panel, and as far as I can see, they look like they’re trying to draw too much amperage from the panel.
Does anything look amiss here?
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
In answer to your question nothing looks amiss as far as overloading is concerned. The way you know if a panel is over loaded is that the main circuit breaker trips out on overload. Prior to that if you are really concerned. Get an infrared thermometer and see if you can find any hot spots. Particularly around the connection and lug points. You want things to stay below 75C or 167F. Look for any discoloration or burn caused by overheating. Overheating is a sign of overloading due to the resistance of the bus and conductors.