Is there a reason an electrical inspector or building inspector could fail an inspection? One of my co-workers thinks it's acceptable to use All-Thread holding up HVAC and electrical equipment in the ceiling as a pull point for AV and data cable at 90-degrees. I think it's an egregious practice, but can't think of why specifically off the top of my head. Prefer references and inspector experiences.
- Manufacturer's Minimum bend radius?
- Likelihood of damage the cable sheathing, internal insulation and copper wire from sharp edges?
- NFPA 70 National Electric Code (NEC)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International, Inc. (BICSI) Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM)?
- ANSI/TIA-568.1-D Commercial Building Telecommunications Cabling Standard?
- National Electrical Contractors Association NECA 1 Standard for Good Workmanship in Electrical Construction?