What is the name for a lateral band saw guide: one that guides wood forward at a set distance from the blade ?

I want to cut strips from a long flat strip of wood (ripping rather than a cross-cut)

  • 1
    I'm not sure I have the right idea. A fence or a sled?
    – isherwood
    Oct 1, 2018 at 2:50
  • One set of things I saw was an adjustable fence, which comes with nicer band saws. I think that is the simplest name for what I want Oct 2, 2018 at 1:08

1 Answer 1


it is called resaw fence at this site.

  • While the link backs up the assertion, you should include some of the details in your answer
    – Machavity
    Oct 1, 2018 at 13:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.