I saw a video where the mortar on brick steps was being repaired. The jointer being used had flexible, springy blade-tips, not rigid ones. I'm looking for the name of that tool. What is that style called?


You apparently saw a video where a flexible finger pointing trowel was in use. These find use also in tuck pointing work.

enter image description here

(Picture Source: https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Finger-Pointing-Flexible-Jointer/dp/B00ZMGLMMM )

  • It actually had the standard S-shape, where the opposite ends have different widths. – TRomano Sep 22 '18 at 15:40
  • @TRomano - Tools do come in various forms. At a minimum you now have something to go on. – Michael Karas Sep 22 '18 at 15:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.