I have a deadbolt that I would like to replace. On each side of the door it looks like:

enter image description here

Does one buy two of these for a door or is this another product?

  • Are you sure you wish to keep it keyed on both sides? Sep 10, 2018 at 2:28
  • Yes I would like both sides keyed. Thank you
    – gatorback
    Sep 10, 2018 at 2:28
  • You purchase a different unit, not two. You’re looking for “double cylinder deadbolt”.
    – Tyson
    Sep 10, 2018 at 13:13
  • It may be a code violation to have the inside keyed. Sep 10, 2018 at 19:53

1 Answer 1


Assuming that you want to replace the deadbolt unit (as stated in the question), usually the most economical option is to remove the entire assembly including the faceplates, keyed cylinders, and the deadbolt itself (the part that inserts into the edge of the door) and replace all with a new unit.

Another option is to have the two cylinders rekeyed, if a new key is all that is desired.

Your picture, which looks like it was grabbed from the web rather than being an actual photo of your lock, shows a specialty commercial style lock cylinder. If it is a true representation of your hardware you should visit a locksmith or commercial door and lock supplier.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.