I just bought a 1923 home in Cleveland, OH, and had a weird problem with the flooring in the half bath on the main floor. As you can see from the photos, there is not only a bulge in the flooring, but also a weird liquid seeping up from the floor. My kids wash their hands in the bathroom, and probably splash water on the floor, but I'm not sure if that's what's causing it.
1.) What is the red material underneath the green vinyl/linoleum tile floor? 2.) What could that leak be? 3.) Any idea what the bulge in the floor might be? 4.) Could we safely lay tile over the floor? 5.) Is there asbestos material or tar material from earlier time periods that may be toxic, if so who can I call to remove/repair this?
Thank you very much!
Please ignore the white spots, we were painting and always intended to remove the flooring, so mistakes were made!.