I want to learn house construction engineering in very cold climate (Sweden), wooden and brick.
It should cover the following questions (you don't need to answer it):
- How the roof, walls and ground is designed and dimensioned.
- How to determin where to put load bearing walls.
- Why the walls structure are the way they are, and how do they carry the load.
- how to determin which wall is load bearing in an existing structure.
- How to know where to inforce a structure when a modification is needed like adding a window or another floor.
I want to use this information to design 40 square meters expansion to my current house made of wood. And because I think it is very interesting subject to study.
Where do I begin?
Keep in mind that I'm interested mostly in construction in very cold climate zone.
Most of the courses/tutorials are for larger buildings or unusual house architectures.