What is the name of the red plactic screw in the picture? It's from a toilets flushing mechanism. enter image description here

  • I've never seen this type of flush valve. It appears that the water connection to the tank is at the top of the tank on the side rather than underneath as it usually is. Having the water enter above the level of water in the tank would prevent a gravity leak. Aug 29, 2018 at 16:08

2 Answers 2


I would call it the float height adjustment screw, possibly tank water level height adjustment screw.


Older designed that had a more-or-less horizontal mechanism, that utilized a ball for a float, the connecting device was often called the float rod.

Here they call it a "link", but yours also performs the adjustment function.

Here they call it a "link"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.