I can almost pull out my door handle. There is a loose ring as well.
- There are four screws on the inside of the door, they are all firmly in place.
- There are no screws on the outside of the door.
- This is the main entrance door to my apartment. Rotating the knob just visible on the top of the first picture can lock the handle.
- On the outside, there is a key hole to unlock the door. The key hole appears align directly with the rotating knob on the inside.
- On the outside, there is also a push thingy. Pushing it down has the same effect as rotating the handle on the inside. This thingy is not loose.
I have absolutely zero knowledge and experience on door handles and locks. I do have some basic tools like a few screwdrivers, a small wrench, a hammer etc.
- What type of handle / lock is this (so I can research it further)?
- It is realistic that a person like me (with no previous experience) can fix it? I am afraid I won't be able to put everything together once I disassemble the thing. Should I call a locksmith?
- If so, how?