I'm thinking how to make a shallow angle - not too important what it is - in wood plank about 3'7" long (see cross section below).

I was thinking maybe a power planer might do but they're for making things flat. Some people on youtube put a bevel free hand but I do not think that would work.

Any ideas? There is the router but I think I'd probably need some fancy jig.

cross section

  • 1
    I note that the image is not to scale, you've exagerated the slope. – Jasen Aug 12 '18 at 3:27

The easiest thing would be to rip it on a table saw with the angle and depth set correctly.

  • I have a table saw of the £30-50 variety but I do not think I'd get that to work with this its just too cheaply made. – onepound Aug 12 '18 at 9:02

I'd use a hand plane.

Another option is to tape a 2.5mm piece under the toe and run the whole thing though a thicknesser.

  • I do not have access to a thicknesser unless one can be improvised from a power plane. – onepound Aug 12 '18 at 9:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.