I have the following spigot and it appears that there is no way to access the piping that leads to it. I am used to the typical silkcock style but this one I've never seen before. Is it removable from the front?

PS: The reason why it needs to be changed is that it leaks through all the holes in the front which renders having a hose pretty much useless.

enter image description here

  • I googled this for you: woodfordmfg.com/woodford/wfdindex.html Commented Jul 29, 2018 at 18:10
  • Thank you for the link. So this does explain the splashing. Is there a way that this can be replaced with a quarter valve from the outside. On the other side, there is just a cement basement wall so I wonder how was this installed.
    – Michael
    Commented Jul 29, 2018 at 19:50

1 Answer 1


There appears to be a repair kit for this: http://www.woodfordmfg.com/woodford/Troubleshooting/25%20-%2027%20Troubleshooting.pdf

The model in question is 20 but the 25 kit is supported by it. It can be replaced from the front.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.