I need to buy a replacement for a twist-locking electric plug that looks like this:

enter image description here

Picture of the socket:

enter image description here

Searching online I can't seem to find anything that matches. The closest thing I found are NEMA twist-lock plugs, but they have a different locking\ground pin.

Can someone identify this plug type?

  • 1
    NEMA isn't just one layout: stayonline.com/reference-nema-locking.aspx
    – OJFord
    Jul 28, 2018 at 10:34
  • It doesn’t appear to match any NEMA configurations. I take it from the Arabic? writing it is not from a NEMA region. Apparently you need to search the country of origin for replacement.
    – ArchonOSX
    Jul 28, 2018 at 12:47

1 Answer 1


I found this, which looks like the right one. You didn’t list specs so I just went off of looks. Called a Non-Nema.

  • Ooh, voltage may be too high. The one I posted is a 250. But I’m guessing that’s the place to talk to.
    – Mike G
    Jul 28, 2018 at 13:29
  • 2
    That's a maximum rated voltage, not a requirement. The plug doesn't change voltage of a circuit in any appreciable way.
    – isherwood
    Jul 28, 2018 at 13:42
  • 1
    HBL9965G seems like the correct P/N for that plug, BTW, according to this chart Jul 28, 2018 at 14:29
  • There are a few types of 220 V plugs in the US, depending on amperage and maybe phases. I have one for 20 A and one for 30 A that are both different from the picture. I also have one like the picture that is dedicated to an electric clothes dryer and has two 30 breakers ( so ,can't be three phase.) Jul 28, 2018 at 19:47
  • And this answer is now useless because the link has died. Link-only answers aren't durable.
    – Criggie
    Jan 23, 2021 at 22:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.