What's the name of this accessory that holds two pieces of rope together?

enter image description here

  • That type of splice is not very strong for a in line splice like that they work best to make a loop because the rope change direction 180 degrees increases the holding power. It would be best to watch a video on splicing rope , it will be stronger and look better in my opinion. – Ed Beal Jul 24 '18 at 16:38
  • Thanks. Do you have a link on how to splice rope? – rbhat Jul 24 '18 at 16:50
  • Google: braid / splice rope. u-tube has a quick 3 minute video this looks the best , I use a similar method for crab pots or when I break a tow rope but it. Is much quicker and looks like crap, but it is quick. – Ed Beal Jul 24 '18 at 18:23

Rope clamp. A rope crimping sleeve also performs the same task.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.