- Floor area about 550 square feet
- Ceiling about ten feet
- No existing chimney or other exhaust venting system
- Insulated walls with insulated two vehicle doors
I would like to be able to maintain a temperature of about 13°C (56°F) inside when temperatures outside are, say, -10°C (13°F). If it's colder than that I'll stay in the house!
Thanks for considering this question.
- 2x4 walls insulated with 'pink' bats, which I think would be R7 or so, plus the usual vapour barrier and Tyvec on the outside
- I could provide 240 v cabling through an adjacent crawl space under the house. It would also be possible to hire a contractor to install a natural gas feed to the garage.