The gauge on my well pump is shot (reads 0, even when there is good pressure). I've purchased a replacement, so what are the steps I should follow to replace it?
- Turn off the power to the pump.
- Turn off the feed to the house (there should be a valve between the pressure tank and rest of house). This is simply to make the next step easier.
- Drain any water from the pipes where the pressure switch is screwed in. Usually there is a sed valve.
- Unscrew the existing gauge.
- Check the T where the gauge was screwed in for build-up/blockage. This may be what messed up the existing gauge in the first place. If there's any, clear it out as much as possible.
- Use teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads, and screw in the new gauge.
- Turn everything back on.