I recently had my home A/C system inspected and I am trying to decide how to act on the results. Can anyone offer guidance?
Here are my notes from the A/C Inspection
- Amps on outside unit are concerning
- Both compressor and fan are running at/near max current right now
- Expect to see amperage about half of the rating
- Fan is rated at 1.4A, running at 1.4A
- Compressor 21.5A, running at 20.7A
- Thinks compressor and fan are close to failure
- Unit actually appears to be Running well
- Freon looks good
- Capacitor actually looks fine
- Contactor has burn marks. Suggest replacement
- Suggest replacing the outside unit.
- Unit is from 2002 (16 years old)
- Contractor: Replacing Compressor + Fan + contactor does not seem worthwhile.