I believe that my dishwasher's drainage hose is partially blocked. Are the following symptoms all consistent with / explained by that, or is there something else I should be worried about?
- Not fully draining
- After a wash there is normally an inch or two of pretty clean water left lying at the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Doesn't seem like dirty washing water - seems more like rinsing water. Hence my suspicion that the blockage is only partial.
- Drastically increased salt usage
- Previously a salt-refill would "last" 3-5 months. It's now asked for 4 refills in a month.
- I'm guessing this is caused by the water not draining, which means the salt reservoir sits underwater the whole time?
- Rust spots on cutlery
- Dishwasher has a top cutlery drawer and knifes have recently started coming out with notable rust spots, where they didn't previously do so.
- Glasses with greasy streaks
- Less effective cleaning in general
I've followed the manual's instructions about cleaning the filter, and checking that the impeller wheel is unobstructed, to no effect. (Manual, page 27/28) So I think it's in the pipe itself, not in the dishwasher?
Have I judged this correctly?
See here for my question about what I should do if I am right.