I have some yellow masonry paint (Sandtex) which is not quite a match for my house (the paint I have is slightly darker and greener than the house). I have lightened it with a splash of white masonry paint, but I think I really need to add a small amount of red tint.

I am wondering whether I can use an artists type of paint to do this. I have some artists' watercolour and gauche, as well as oil paints.

I'll be mixing very small amounts to patch up around where I have fitted some new windows, so I don't really want to buy anything at this point. Any experience, suggestions?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.