I'm a beginner at doing electrical work, and I want to make sure I'm not taking unnecessary risks.
Let's say that I'm preparing to work on some wiring. I have a non-contact voltage detector that beeps when held up to live wires. Next, I have turned off what I believe to be the proper circuit-breaker and my detector reads negative on the wires I'm about to work on.
Am I good to go, or are there still other electrocution risks that I need to be aware of?
If the latter, what other safety measures should I take?