I have changed the cartridge on a tap and in the process have ruined the washer that sits between the very base of the tap and the sink, I am referring to the ring at the base in this image which is now split:

Tap base

As a consequence water can now run below the tap and to the cupboard below. I don’t know what the name of the washer is below the tap, nor whether or not I’m likely to be able to source a replacement (I am aware that plumbers seem to suggest simply to replace the tap in situations such as this).

I don’t know the brand or model of the tap as it was installed in my house since new.

  • Those are specific to the brand and model of faucet, you will need to determine the make and model to source an in-kind replacement. Various companies name it differently but "desk gasket" (as suggested by @jsotola) is as good a generic term as any. You may be able to slap a rubber o-ring on there if you can't find an exact replacement. – Jimmy Fix-it Jun 15 '18 at 14:22

google moen single handle faucet parts

I found two terms

escutcheon gasket and deck gasket

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.